Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving, 2017

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
- William Arthur Ward


Beautiful one!
Can you believe how fast this year has flown by? And now here we are once more, in the season of giving and giving thanks.

Although this has been a year with deep divisions, steep challenges, and hardships for so many, there is great wisdom in the practice of pausing and counting our blessings.

By changing that focus, at least in my experience, one may discover there are blessings beyond count!

Little ones, like how the two Japanese maples next to our house have waited until almost everyone else has finished showing off for the Autumn, so they could explode in their very own blazing scarlet glory.Japanese Maple leaf

And then there are the really, really big blessings, like still being here, and firmly on the road to recovery.

Most of all, I can't even begin to tell you how much YOU have meant to me in this past year.

Not only did you blow me away with your countless kindnesses and profound support for me during my illness, but also the amazing ways so many of you have welcomed me as I slowly get my mojo back as a reader and teacher.

Thank you, too, for your patience as this process of finding my "new normal" is a slow one that I can only take gently. The fact that so many of you have written to say how well you understand this is a treasure in itself.

For all the miracles that we have and still will create together, I can only say:
Thank you.

From my heart to yours, blessed be.
It's Time!
It's Time!

Let's Gather Together!

Join Our Global Prayer Circle Wherever You Are ~
Starting
THIS Sunday, Nov. 26 and then every Sunday through Solstice and/or Christmas.

Our global Solstice Advent Sun Wheel celebration is heading into its 13th year, and still growing!

Wherever you live, whatever your time zone, every Sunday evening around sunset, starting on Nov. 26, hundreds (maybe thousands!) of us across the planet will be lighting candles on an Advent wreath. ("Advent" simply refers to the Latin words for "to come.")

This practice welcomes all faiths and philosophies with deepest respect. It's perfect for families and friends of differing beliefs, because all can join together in peace.

And you can add your very own creative embellishments to suit your own vision -- the sky's the limit!

Over the past years, my readers have told me that it has become a deeply meaningful ceremony for them. Some have also noted that it feels like we are doing “The Wave,” except we are offering joyful, globe-circling prayers.

Oops! Didn't read this in time for the Nov. 26 lighting?
No worries! 


It's never too late to start (until the countdown is over!), since each week, we re-light each candle from the beginning. It's super simple, and -- honestly -- you can't get it wrong.

Most importantly, and this year more than ever -- YOU are needed!
PLEASE join us and add your blessings and prayers.

Go here for the directions!

Please share with everyone you know. The more, the merrier!
Last Call!

Before closing for now, I want to encourage any of you who have been sitting on the fence about taking my Reading for Others workshop next week in Durham.
 
I am passionate about helping new readers avoid trouble and develop outstanding skills. I want you to be able to serve with confidence and become a successful ambassador of the Tarot. That's why I created this class.
 
And by the way, I only offer it every few years, and a few years from now? Well.. who knows, right?

If you have ever taken my Tarot 1 and 2 classes ("Tarot Without Tears"), you are eligible for this one. (Sorry, but this is a firm prerequisite with no exceptions).

There are still a very few seats remaining. Besides our new location, I have something special cooked up for it, so I hope I'll be seeing you!
https://www.owlsdaughter.com/schedule/classes-and-workshops/reading-for-others-how-to-share-and-serve-with-the-tarot/



 
As you can see, this is an abbreviated newsletter, so that I could get it out to you in time for the (U.S.) Thanksgiving holiday.

If you are traveling, I hope your journeys are safe, easy, and happy. And wherever you may be, I hope that the spirit of sharing and kindness will fill your heart.

May this beginning of the 2017 holiday season bring you much merriment and love.
With overflowing gratitude,