Saturday, April 11, 2015

April WINGS Arrives with the Waning Moon 

April, 2015
Hi!
After being snowed in much of February, and then spending March traveling, catching up, teaching classes, and snow day make-up classes, here I am at last, in what is likely to be a more sporadic publishing schedule for WINGS.

As you may already know if you follow me on Facebook, I have decided that I need to rearrange my time priorities, if I am going to do the teaching and writing that I long for. So I have decided to cut way back on my reading appointments. This will also impact the regularity of my newsletter coming out.

Yes, I adore being of service, using the Tarot and my intuitive gifts to help guide you. But I am also feeling a push from .. age? .. Mystery? .. that now is the time to get the books written that I have been carrying in my heart.

I plan to continue my visits to Dancing Moon Books indefinitely. I am there all day twice a month, for hour and half-hour readings. And you can book an appointment months in advance. (Scroll down for my schedule).

I also look forward to participating in the special events that I love so much (like the annual SFF Psychic Fair).

To read more about it (including my Tarot reading that made this decision crystal clear), you can visit here.

Thank you for your understanding and for your ongoing good wishes as I set sail into this new chapter in my life.
Welcome New Subscribers!
Welcome to the nestHello and thank you to the 102 new readers (more or less!) that have joined us since the last time I counted back in January.

I know your time is valuable, and so is your email real estate. I am honored that you've invited me to visit with you and hope you'll find WINGS valuable and fun.

Maybe you'll even be inspired to invite your friends, or forward a copy to them, if you wish!  Please do (there's a link at the bottom to make it easy).  The more, the merrier!
Tarot Review: Holistic Tarot

I usually turn down requests to write reviews, because I am very picky.. Okay, some might even say jaded... And I would hate to hurt the feelings of any Tarot friends or colleagues.

But when I was asked to say a few words about Benebell Wen's Holistic Tarot, one glance through its contents made it irresistible. I am couldn't wait to have a copy in my hot little hands!

Benebell's encyclopedic treasure is 874 pages and a hefty 3 physical pounds, but carries tons of meticulously researched information and inspiration. My esteemed colleague, James Wanless, has declared it "the only guide you need to have" and I admit, I can understand such a sweeping endorsement.

Holistic Tarot is as vast as it is deep, and is a thorough guidebook to all things that most matter to Tarot people. In short, it is a magnificent achievement.

Not only does Benebell tackle the card-by-card meanings, she offers a useful methodology for learning them. Her chapter on "Allaying Fears and Offering Theories" alone is nearly worth the price of the book. But there is so much more...
       (To find out, hop over here for the rest of my review).

 
A Gentle Reminder...
There are still three seats left -- including yours?
Tarot Without Tears - Part Two
Dancing Moon Books in Raleigh


Read Your Tarot Cards by the End of the Day
Saturday, May 2, 11am – 6pm  $80 *

Once you are at ease with the components of a Tarot deck, the big question is, how do the cards interact with each other? How do you actually read them?

By the end of the day, you will know this and more! And best of all, you won’t have to do tons of memorizing or feel helpless without the books.

No prior experience is required, however, you should have a deck and be comfortable with the basics of the Tarot (exactly what’s covered in our March 22 class). Not sure? Feel free to email me and we can discuss. Or click the link below for more information.




 
Astrological Tidbits: April - May, 2015
The Burning Seed Inside

Congratulations! We made it! We are still standing, as the biggest astrological drama in many generations now begins to subside.

Since 2012, there have been seven direct strikes in the clash between Pluto, planet of death and transformation, and Uranus, the wild card and revolutionary of the planets. In between the direct punches, the two have been dancing within one volatile degree of one another.

Now picking up the pieces in the aftermath, we are just beginning to see what the repercussions are as the waves of conflict between the two abate.

Time, of course, will tell, but in the meantime, the good news is that we need not brace ourselves for the extremely stressful direct body blows between "these two monsters of enforced transformation," as Lynn Hayes describes them.

However, Pluto is still going to be a force to be reckoned with. Astrologer Judy Joyce explains...
(To see the rest of this article, please go here...)


More Classes and Special Goodies
Classes ahead
May 30: Working with Your Guardians, Guides, and Allies - I am very sorry; this workshop sold out almost instantly by word of mouth. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, you can go here. Or email me and if I get enough interest, I will schedule an encore offering later this Summer.

Thursday, June 4: The Annual SFF Psychic Fair - 5:45 pm - 9:30 pm. This annual fund-raiser always features some of the best readers, mediums, shamans, healers, and even aura photography. Although they haven't firmed up all of the participants just yet, this is the ideal way to "test drive" the services of our area's talent. Find out all the other details here. Location: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Raleigh, 3313 Wade Avenue, Raleigh.

Saturday, June 27: Re-Enchanting the World - Healing Our Alliances with The Faery Realms 1-5pm at Laurel Hill Cottage, Durham. Please join me for a day of wonder and magic as we explore the edges between the very real Faery realms and the world of humanity. Find out why this important work resonates so powerfully at this time and how to answer your calling. (Only 3 seats left).




And save these dates - registration will begin soon --
Sunday, July 5 and 12: Understand and Develop Your Intuition:  Because our earlier workshop had a waiting list, with other expressing interest, I am happy to encore my 2-part workshop. Registration will open April 30. Location: Laurel Hill Cottage.

Saturday, July 25: Reading for Others - How to Share and Serve with the Tarot: This is the one you've heard about, that is ONLY available to people who have taken my Tarot Without Tears classes. Learn how to ethically and skillfully read for other people, while also taking good care of yourself. I will announce registration on my website in about a month or so. Location: Laurel Hill Cottage, Durham, NC.
Unless otherwise discussed with me, this workshop is required to take my VERY special August workshop...

Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 22-23: Going Pro: How to Start (or Improve) Your Own Professional Reading Practice: If you have been thinking about going pro, or want to take your current practice to the next level, this is the workshop you've been waiting for!  Not limited only to Tarot readers, if you are ready to create a prosperous part-time or full-time paid practice, this is for you.  Location: Day One will be a regular practice and discussion format at Laurel Hill Cottage. On Day Two we will meet at the Body-Mind-Spirit Expo in Raleigh to talk with and observe some of the professional practitioners there. Registration will begin soon, so watch my website for the announcement.
Psst. It's still under wraps, but I am giving you an insider's heads up!

Coming next week: a vital new addition to The Tarot Lady's collection of business brilliance for professional readers and mystics.

Anyone who wonders why their business is struggling; why they attract tepid or even hostile responses to their work; why they can't seem to schmooze successfully, or get The Big Names to support them; why they find themselves in flame wars, or get only crickets when they try to engage online.. Listen up!

Theresa Reed's got answers and hundreds of pragmatic, insightful tips that will turn it all around.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that you will never flourish in business (or even personally!) if you don't master the guidelines she's put down in this treasure trove of wisdom and work savvy.

Visit her website, starting Monday, April 13. Tell her I sent you!
 
Tarot Readings


Dancing Moon Books
1840 N. Wake Forest Rd., Raleigh, NC

(919) 833-8081


It is my great honor to be featured as a reader twice a month at Dancing Moon Books in Raleigh. I'll next be there:

This coming Saturday, April 11


Saturday, May 16:
This is my annual Armed Forces Day celebration, honoring our soldiers and their families. Show me your PX, military, or dependent's ID and get 20% off my regular fees.

A rare Thursday visit: May 21

Friday, June 5: The next day after the SFF Psychic Fair. Why not come by for a more in-depth follow-up?

My hours are 11:30 am to 6pm and it is currently the only place I offer both hour and half-hour long appointments. I encourage you to bring your smart phone or other recording device so you can save our conversation for later review.

Walk-ins are welcome but why risk disappointment?  Call (919) 833-8081 (Tuesdays-Sundays) to schedule your visit, or even reserve your time months in advance!
The Raleigh-Durham Triangle Tarot and Friends

New Programs Coming Up

We have been having huge fun learning new layouts from our volunteer Tarot aficionados!

On April 18, longtime member Wolfsinger will introduce us to a new spread and then we will practice using it with one another.

We hated that the snow forced us to cancel our February Meetup visit via Skype with the brilliant Paul Quinn. But cheer up! He has graciously agreed to reschedule and join us May 20 (and I can pretty much guarantee we will not have to deal with a blizzard).

Paul is one of my favorite Tarot people, and is the author of one of the most innovative and popular Tarot books in publication, "Tarot for Life."

(Hint:
The canceled February Meetup filled to capacity in less than 36 hours after it was announced. Because of limited space, we can only accommodate the first 30 or so who sign up).

For date, time, and location details, you must become a member. But don't worry, there's no charge and it's simple! All you have to do is go here and sign up!  All experience levels are welcome and long-distance members are also encouraged.

Join us for friendship, learning, and insight.
Coming Back to the Triangle Area in May...

Robert Austin ~
Crystal Bowl Sound Healer and Energy Sound Healing

I am thrilled to tell you that in early May, the extraordinary healer and musician, Robert Austin, is coming back in the central North Carolina area. He will also be visiting parts of southern Virginia.

With his Crystal Bowls and Tibetan Singing Bowls, his workshops and concerts are nothing less than life-altering. And he is now teaching a new healing modality, The Rods of Isis.

I cannot recommend Robert highly enough.
I go to every concert that I can manage, and his healing sessions have worked wonders in my life.

His gentle energy, his extraordinary talent, and his wise teachings will open your heart in the deepest, most amazing ways. When Robert plays, miracles happen.

He will be holding private healing sessions as well as classes and musical healing concerts at a number of locations.  Visit here to see his calendar.

Please do not miss this very special opportunity.
BethThanks for your gracious company.

Let us, you and I, take to heart in this beautiful season of change the words of Anais Nin, who wrote, "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

May all your blossoming be glorious.
Blessings,



 
Live in balance. Focus your creativity. Manifest your vision.
Predict your future by creating it.