Friday, November 28, 2014

"Regular" WINGS, November, 2014

           November, 2014                         Volume 6, Number 9

Giving Thanks

Hi!
There is so much to be grateful for, where do I start? Well, first of all -- thank you for the enthusiastic feedback, regarding my new "Full Moon" issues of WINGS! I am so glad you are loving these, because I am, too!

Now, voilĂ !  It's time for the "regular" WINGS newsletter to return!

But I have a confession. I tried to get this off to you in time for Thanksgiving Day (the U.S. version). Evidently, it was not meant to be.

However, I like this even better, because on this day after, it seems especially true that we simply must not relegate giving thanks to a one-day exception. Today, even in the onslaught of media attention on consumer avarice, we can still celebrate our gratitude.

In fact, I would suggest that thankfulness is not optional; it's absolutely necessary -- especially today.

As Annie Lamott, one of my favorite patron saints for aspiring writers notes, "Gratitude, not understanding, is the secret to joy and equanimity."

I have found that practicing gratitude is one of the easiest and most profound ways to shift out of stuck, heal inner wounds, let go of anger, and discover, with intimate certainty, that our lives are a conversation and dance with Something Greater.

And I believe that some of the sweetest gratitude can happen in the midst of the ordinary. Let us just pay better attention to these precious moments, and remember to celebrate the amazing gift that life offers in every single breath. Miracles and blessings abound, if we will only slow down and notice.

Want another great quote about gratitude?  Here's one: William Arthur Ward once wrote, "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

At this magical time of year, I'd never do that!

So with all my heart, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey.

  Welcome New Subscribers!
  Hello and thank you to our 134 new subscribers (One hundred thirty four!!! Good grief!!!)  that have joined us since the September issue went out.

It would be an almost ridiculous understatement to say that I am thrilled to have y'all here! WINGS is my gift to you, and I hope you'll find it valuable and fun.

Maybe you'll even be inspired to invite your friends, or forward a copy to them, if you wish!  Please do (there's a link at the bottom to make it easy).  The more, the merrier!

My Workshops are Finished for the Year . . .

But OH! What a year we've had! 

Talk about grateful!  It's been an unprecedented year!

It has been my honor to work with some of the most talented, heart-centered participants in my teaching career.

Thanks to each and every one of you who joined me in my Spring and Fall Tarot without Tears classes, who came to my presentations, and who sparkled in my Tarot Boutiques. YOU made this year’s workshops some of the most magical ones ever!

I am taking all your feedback and class evaluations to heart, as I make plans for 2015. Rest assured that, in response to your requests, delicious new goodies are bubbling and brewing in my cauldron of offerings!
Feature Article
The Secret to Joy and Survival
As the heavy, revolutionary tension between Pluto and Uranus gears up for yet another confrontation (see my Astrological Tidbits below for details), world events are reflecting the fundamental upheaval that my friend Byron Ballard calls "Tower Times."

No one is immune to the fear, anxiety, and underlying sense of dread so rampant these days. Unless you are completely out of touch, negativity -- and even despair --  seem to be in the very air we breathe. So do we all need to just go hide in a cave somewhere?

I would be the last person to recommend that! In my observation, enlightened, sensitive people are needed the most right now. But because we are enlightened and sensitive, these assaults on our spirit are particularly corrosive.

Therefore, it is imperative that we find ways to remain balanced, open, and aware, while still living in, and being engaged with “the real world.” Most especially during these chaotic, energetically dangerous times.

Luckily, there are many ways to counterbalance the forebodings that sometimes may haunt us.
(To continue, go here... )

Tarot Readings
Dancing Moon Books
1840 N. Wake Forest Rd., Raleigh


If you would like to meet with me in person, but can't drive out to northern Durham county, please come see me at Dancing Moon Books in Raleigh.

I'll next be there --

Friday, Dec. 5
Saturday, Dec. 20
And I'll help you start your New Year right:  Friday, Jan. 2, 2015


Celebrating their 25th anniversary in January, "The Moon" is a fantastic shopping destination -- one of the biggest locally owned metaphysical shops in the Southeast. It is my great honor to be featured as a reader there twice a month.

My hours are 11:30 am, to 6pm and it is the only place I offer both hour and half-hour long appointments. Please feel free to bring your smart phone or other recording device so you can save our conversation for later review.

Walk-ins are welcome but why risk disappointment?  Call (919) 833-8081 (Tuesdays-Sundays) to schedule your visit, or even reserve your time months in advance!

ps: Are you looking for a unique, affordable treasure for the most discerning people on your holiday list? I'll have gift certificates with me at the store, or get in touch with me by email. You can purchase an hour-long reading (in person or by phone), or a membership in my Birthday Club.
The Raleigh-Durham Triangle Tarot and Friends
Dec. 17, 2014:
The Semi-Annual Solstice Swap Meet Meetup Yuletide Extravaganza
Tarot, Good Deeds, Feasting, and Retail Therapy! What Could Be Better?
If it's December, it's time for our legendary annual Solstice party! Eat, drink, shop, and be merry with old and new Tarot friends! And while we're at it - we're giving back to those less fortunate!
Besides shopping and schmoozing at our Meetup party, you can bring donations for the North Carolina Food Bank and/or for the Durham Animal Protection Society and even Toys for Tots, which we'll be forwarding to Dancing Moon Books, our favorite local Toys for Tots sponsor.

Our December Meetup is the perfect time to make friends and get to know each other better. After all, we're some of the most talented, enthusiastic Tarot people on the planet. And we welcome Tarot friends both local and from around the globe, at all levels of experience.

However, space at our monthly gatherings is LIMITED and RSVPs must be strictly observed! For time and location details, you must become a member. Don't worry, there's no charge and it's simple!  All you have to do is go here and sign up!

Green Living:
Shop Small; Shop Local

As the shopping season gets underway, please don't forget that you "vote" with your purchasing dollars.

Yes, I know. We need to be more circumspect and everyone agrees that this holiday period has become over-commercialized and too focused on consumer spending.

But let’s face it. Even the craftiest amongst us are probably going to buy some presents, for someone. So let me urge you, no, beg you – please support your local merchants and independent businesses and artists.

There are SO many good reasons to do this, including the fact that shopping from merchants in your hometown can help minimize your carbon footprint.

But not only does it support greener living, it can keep more green in your wallet!

(Click here to read the whole article...)

To find out more about shopping with small, sustainable local businesses (and even get a rebate if you use an American Express card), visit here and here).
 
Remember -
Every little bit makes a world of difference.


Join Our Global Prayer Circle Wherever You Are
Every Sunday through Solstice and/or Christmas

Our global Solstice Advent Sun Wheel celebration is 10 years old and still growing!

Wherever you live, whatever your time zone, every Sunday evening, hundreds (maybe thousands!) of us across the planet are lighting candles on an Advent wreath that welcomes a
ll faiths and philosophies with deepest respect.

It's never too late to start (until the countdown is over!), since we re-light each candle from the beginning. It's super simple, and you can't get it wrong.  Join us and add your blessings and prayers.

Here are the directions!

Please share with everyone!
Astrological Tidbits ...
Pack Patience and Good Will; the Planetary Highways of December Are Jammed
In this last month of the year, in the Northern Hemisphere, the nights grow to their longest and we make our faithful preparations for the rebirth of the light.

Ralfee Finn offers welcome insight in her overview of December, noting that "Planetary congestion along the celestial superhighway could result in terrestrial gridlock over the coming weeks."

She explains, "It isn’t really possible to avoid, dismiss, or deny these 'traffic jams' —they are physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual—and they are certain to manifest in ordinary as well as extraordinary ways."

Astrologer Cynthia Novak agrees, telling us that as the year's end darkness descends we should, "Remember Jupiter, the great guru and optimist, is very strong in the heavens. Reach for your optimism and hold on."

However, Jupiter is already slowing down and preparing for his retrograde Monday, Dec. 8. 
(Read the rest here)
Let’s get together!

I
specialize in helping visionaries, healers, artists, and innovators thrive. If you seek inspiration as well as practical guidance, I will help you to predict your future by creating it.

The cats and I would be happy to welcome you in person to my magical Laurel Hill Cottage in the woods of Northern Durham County (North Carolina). As mentioned earlier, I also visit twice a month at Dancing Moon Books in Raleigh. And I am available worldwide, by phone.

Pick Your Ideal Appointment Time
To find out when I am available for a phone appointment, drop by here. Pick a time, and afterwards, you can "lock in" with your PayPal payment.

Or if you wish to meet at my home, in person, you can see my availability here. My bookstore reading dates are back up near the top of this newsletter.

Of course you can also visit my website or email me. Please be patient - I am usually booked for several weeks in advance.

As we navigate these tumultuous, exhilarating times, I am honored to be of service to you, and help you find your own WINGS.
 

Live in balance. Focus your creativity. Manifest your vision.

Thank you again, for this time we've spent together.

In this magical season of wish-making and good will, I hope your fondest dreams will arrive for you in the most beautiful ways.

May the Great Giver of Good always hear your truest prayers, and fill your heart with overflowing abundance.

Blessings,



Copyright © 2014 Beth Owl's Daughter, All rights reserved.